There is an element of give and take in client-agency relationships that can make the difference between good – and great – work. In working with clients for over 25 years, we’ve learned that honest collaboration is a critical component. So we surveyed our team and decided to share some tips that might lead to better work from your agency partner.
Our top recommendations for agency clients:
- Talk with your stakeholders to achieve consensus regarding what you want to accomplish. Communicate the role the agency will play and how they will supplement internal teams.
- Work with your agency to establish detailed objectives together. The outside-in perspective makes the link between the work and the goals stronger.
- Provide access to subject matter experts and existing research to build team knowledge and uncover untapped insights.
- Discuss past successes and failures openly. It won’t jade the agency or negatively impact the thinking they bring to the table. Rather, it gets to the most effective work quicker.
What you should expect from your advertising agency:
- Be collaborative and promote an open dialog throughout the project.
- Understand the big picture so that the work supports overarching business goals.
- Identify clear success metrics that really matter to your business.
- Suggest ways to add value over the scope of the project to amplify results.
By following these tips, you and your advertising agency can focus on delivering great work that achieves real business results.